About Us

 

Newburgh has a long history in Southern Indiana and was the first settlement organized in Warrick County. Situated on the Ohio River, this area was originally settled in 1803 by the John Sprinkle family, which had migrated westward from Pennsylvania.Newburgh eventually became the final destination of many immigrants who were immigrating to the United States in the nineteenth century.  Many of these pioneering families have been laid to rest in the Rose Hill Cemetery.

Currently the cemetery is operated by the Rose Hill Cemetery Association, Inc. This corporation was formed in October 1944 after the Articles of Incorporation were drawn up and approved by the board of the former Rose Hill Cemetery Company.

Shiloh Stone- Browning Foundation, Evansville, In

Joint Superintendents

Richard M. “Dick” Lant

Neil Chase

 Board of Directors                         

President – Mary Chase

Vice President – Erik Goodge

Treasurer-

Secretary – Pat Yeager

Neil Chase

Cindy Crowe

Gene Shekell

Tom Waters

Betty Lou Hendricks

5133 State Road 261
P.O. Box 463
Newburgh, In 47629
812-858-8003
rosehill261@gmail.com
 
Contact Us